My Rating: 34% (F)
Pitchfork Rating: N/A
Rolling Stone Rating: N/A
Metacritic Rating: N/A
Average Rating: 34% (F)
Tracklist (Standout songs underlined):
- Listen To The DJ Feat. Soup
- The Get Down Feat. Lyrics Born
- Bury Me Standing Feat. Luke Sick
- About Face
- Breakfast Club Feat. Murs And Supernatural
- Take Two Copies Feat. Busdriver
- 3rd Gear Feat. Ikey Owens
- Everything Changes Feat. Aceyalone And Mystic
- For My People Feat. Supernatural
- All About The Music Feat. Whipper Whip
- Walking Dead Feat. Chester Bennington
- Shock And Awe Feat. Chuck D
- STR (Revolution)
- The Grandmaster Feat. Grandmaster Caz
Favourite Song on Album:
Listen to This Album When You’re:
When you’re diggin’ for samples.
Thoughts on Album Cover:
Stupid. It’s boring.
Want to Own on Vinyl?:
Not at all.
First off, I don’t think Z-Trip is a bad DJ, in fact I usually think of him as a very good one, but oh my my, this self titled album is a mish-mash of bad ideas. How an album can have Soup, Murs, Busdriver, Aceyalone, and Chuck D. and still score this low is boggling. Here’s the problem, instead of this self-titled album being a celebration of underground hip hop, the thing just makes you wonder why it’s not better. Seriously, listen to the song Breakfast Club and you’ll understand my beef, it’s okay, but it’s never very good. I like a couple tracks on here, but they are available on other albums (Everything Changes is on an Aceyalone release) so I just don’t see much need for this album to even exist. I hope Z is desperately trying to bury this release, because it’s not a good representation of his skills or any of the emcees skills either.