My Rating: 79% (B)
Pitchfork Rating: 85%
Rolling Stone Rating: 80%
Metacritic Rating: 86%
Average Rating: 82.5%
Tracklist (Standout songs underlined):
- Fill In The Blank
- Destroyed By Hippie Powers
- (Joe Gets Kicked Out of School for Using) Drugs With Friends (But Says This Isn’t a Problem)
- Just What I Needed/Not Just What I Needed
- Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales
- 1937 State Park
- Unforgiving Girl (She’s Not An)
- Cosmic Hero
- The Ballad of the Costa Concordia
- Connect the Dots (The Saga of Frank Sinatra)
- Joe Goes to School
Favourite Song on Album:
Listen to This Album When You’re:
Looking for an angrier version of Death Cab.
Thoughts on Album Cover:
It’s great, it fits the album well, and is kind of funny at the same time.
Want to Own on Vinyl?:
Kind of, but I’d probably not because it’ll be pricey I’m sure.
Car Seat Headrest is one of those bands that is being blown out of proportion. A lot of artists I love talk about how great this album is, but in the end it doesn’t do a whole lot for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty good album, but worth the hype? No. I could be missing something, but it’s a good album, not a great or genre defining one.