My Rating: 63% (C)
Pitchfork Rating: N/A
Rolling Stone Rating: N/A
Metacritic Rating: N/A
Average Rating: 63%
Tracklist (Standout songs underlined):
- Hottentot Supercluster feat. Zeroh & Kaveh Rastegar
- Black Labor (as understood by Equiano)
- Hyperbolic 2
- Ministry of the Torture Couch feat. Hemlock Ernst
- Worlds to Run feat. milo & Anderson .Paak
- Surrounded by Millionaires feat. Daveed Diggs
- Great Spooks of Enormous Strength
- Del’s Couch feat. Del the Funky Homosapien
- Shadows and Victories feat. Jeremiah Jae
- NY 03 LIVE feat. Caural
- Species of Property
- Two Feet in the Layered Cake feat. Kool A.D.
- Answering Machinist feat. Jeremiah Jae
Favourite Song on Album:
Listen to This Album When You’re:
Wanting to dig deep into The Good Life emcees.
Thoughts on Album Cover:
I love this cover, it reminds me of some of the spirit characters on Miyazaki films.
Want to Own on Vinyl?:
Busdriver is an impressive emcee, there’s no doubt about that, don’t believe/trust me? Listen to Me – Time and shut your face. The thing that separates Busdriver from other wordy rhymers, such as Aesop Rock and MF Doom, is his inability to make a solid album. He has a few tracks that are fun on each album, but he can’t make one that demands more than one listen. He’s a great artist that seems to be wandering a little aimlessly. This is the time where I think a concept album with a famous beat maker would really help Busdriver make an album of note. Let’s see a Danger Mouse and Busdriver collab, please!